Tuesday, December 22, 2009

OFF the Road Again...

...It's so good to be OFF the road again!!

Yes, for those who didn't hear, through the gifts of many - and I mean many - our new four-wheel drive vehicle has been purchased and I can once again go OFF ROAD.  When I returned from the US, the 2002 Nissan X-Trail was sitting in our driveway ready for use - and, it was put to work almost right away.

Within a week of returning, I was in NE Kenya, with Cailin and some visitors.  Since that trip I've been up there two other times as well.

It has been so freeing having the flexibility to be able to "GO", whether around Nairobi for daily ministry activities or to the NE for special trips.  Truly our capacity to serve has been greatly increased!

We thank each and every person and church who gave towards this vehicle, and for all those who prayed for it to become a reality.  We received gifts from all over the US, various parts of Canada, the UK and even Germany.  Talk about being humbled, and seeing God provide at just the right time!

And now, for a few thousand words, via pictures of the Truck at work:

   


                                                                                         Off the road, where the bus doesn't go...



In the desert with friends from our home Churches in the USA and Nairobi



                                                                                    Passing through the Red Sea... I mean, Puddle.
                                                                                        



                                 You never know what will pass by...

So, thanks again to everyone!  You can see the Four Wheel Drive has already been put to much use... and it will continue to do so for years to come!

No comments: